・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Japanese global company ☑Listed company ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote
This role will provide leadership in achieving the vision within the therapeutic area (TA) by applying and integrating patients' needs, environmental trends and latest scientific knowledge, to ensure optimal benefit for our patients, earn the trust of society and other customers.
The main role of the Medical Unit Head (MUH) is provide strategic input into TA medical affairs plans (MAP) informed by customer insights and voice of patients, as well as provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on decisions requiring medical insights and medical monitoring.
This role will provide primary oversight and supervision of the Medical Excellence Hub for launch products, and/or the respective Centers of Excellence (CoE) for inline and pipeline products.
As a study physician, the MUH will lead and monitor the clinical, health outcomes and other real world research activities pertaining to advancing development of our clinical portfolio and be engaged in medical dialogue with relevant medical and scientific thought leaders.
- Lead the design product-related overall strategy of Japan Medical Affairs plan (MAP), integrating Japan environment needs and medical voice of customer (patients, providers), in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders such as Medical Research Excellence (MRE) and GMA teams and ensure alignment with global brands
- Develop medical brand narrative to ensure product value is understood and specific disease area is managed to address unmet medical need
- Design study concept of required evidence generation activities to meet MAP objectives
- Take initiative at defining evidence generation work needed for products discussed at the JMO Medical Matrix Team (MMT) when serving as a back-up
- Act as back-up to the Medical Scientific Information physicians to review and approve educational and sales materials for medical and scientific accuracy of MF Head)) and Product Strategy Team (PST, when serving as a back-up to Medical Lead or ML).
- Lead the Medical Product Launch Hub to drive alignment across the MF team, provide supervision and collaborate with cross-functional and cross-department stakeholders of the specific disease areas during launch and ensure optimization of medical launch plans and meet desired objectives
- Represent JMO MF in product-related committees such as Global Project Teams (GPT) or Global Medical Strategy Teams (GMST), as well as in the pipeline/pre-launch sub-GPT committees in Japan (JDT)
- Support the MF Head to analyse competitive intelligence (i.e. Healthcare environment impacting the Therapeutic Area (TA), healthcare system, competitors, regulatory requirements within and outside of Japan, clinical development plan, life cycle management, insights from Medical Engagement or other matrix teams), and incorporate those in the strategies and plans
- Serve as subject-matter expert involving evaluation of proposed IISRs and the application to JMO Research & Education Grants, in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders such as MRE team
- Recommend scientifically appropriate measures for health outcomes research over the lifecycle of the medicine(s) to meet Japan reimbursement needs.
- Scientifically engage external communities throughout the product life cycle to advance scientific and medical understanding of assigned products including the appropriate development and product use, management of disease and patient care
- Design TA-specific post-authorisation value dossier with internal stakeholders (i.e. MRE, Market Access and Public Affairs teams)
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure delivery of all assigned medical activities to support life cycle management while ensuring integrity of scientific content
- Apply sound medical monitoring / governance for all MF-related medical activities
- Lead the development of scientific skills of internal audience (JMO department staff and commercial functions as necessary) on the relevant product and disease expertise
- Act as back-up to the Medical Scientific Information physicians to review and approve educational and sales materials for medical and scientific accuracy
- Medical Degree （M.D.）
- Expertise in relevant disease or therapeutic area
- At least 5 years of relevant medical affairs and/or clinical affairs experience with demonstrated ability to design and execute evidence generation studies and interpret evidence/data to drive optimal patient care and Japan reimbursement.
- Excellent medical engagement skills
- Effective matrix leadership competency
- Awareness of the healthcare environment in Japan and needs of external customers
- Excellent English skills
14-20 million JPY
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider