・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
This is what you will do:
The Director, IT oversees the development, implementation, and use of digital solutions.
This role works with the Commercial leadership team to shape the organization's future through the implementation of innovative new technologies to support the growth of the commercial business. The role will drive the IT vision, strategy and business transformation and ensure team and individual performance to deliver the business strategy and objectives. The role partners with the group IT leadership team to identify portfolio priorities and areas for innovation.
You will be responsible for:
- Maximize the business value through ensuring effective alignment of IT resources and key initiatives through the Business Relationship management role.
- Role will contribute to the DX strategy under the Digital Power House strategic initiative.
- Strong experience implementing Data Lakes and Analytics capabilities.
- Passionate about developing External Partnerships ex: Startup ecosystems.
- Managing key projects working cross functionally across Japan ( BU, COMEX and Medical ) as well as IT ( Global Innovation, Commercial IT ).
- Advising business stakeholders of best practices in digital and new technology adoption.
- Lead IT planning process, ensuring sound business cases, analyzing key business requirements and informational needs that support, improve and/or transform business operations and strategy.
- Initiate, lead, and support IT projects and their delivery in accordance with project goals, time scales and costs.
- Manage and coordinate the project/program budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, change management, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and review boards.
- Develop service transition plans to ensure project delivered solutions are sustainable under the operations environment, including controlled hand-over into operational support responsible.
- Work with global IT teams and preferred third party suppliers to provide strategic and innovative technology solutions aligned with global standards as well as regulatory requirements.
- Develop an environment which fosters a high-performance and innovative organization to commercial and medical domains.
- Build strong strategic partnerships with the customer groups, external companies and senior stakeholders to identify accurate customer forecasting, demand planning and effective delivery of the IT solutions and new experiences.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or similar major
- Proven experience of IT project Lead, Deployment, Operation & Maintenance relevant to Sales / Commercial and Medical departments of the global companies
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Deploying a variety of business analysis techniques to enable business change, or complex systems integration.
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation
- Experience of leading teams with a demonstrable track record of motivational and achievement oriented leadership
- Strong experience of developing relationships with senior internal customers and suppliers
- Strong track record of delivering Digital solutions with clear outcome metrics including exploiting global capabilities
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global Teams
- Strong networking and consulting skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong change management
- Advanced proficiency in strategic planning, change enablement and innovation
- Strong experience planning, deploying and maintaining capabilities eg Data, Digital.
- Identifying and delivering POCs of innovative technology solutions
- Proven skills of managing budgets
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Information Technology