Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
☑Foreign business ☑English language required
Medical Device Firm
- As Director of IT Operations within the Information Technology team, this individual plays a critical role working closely with the business and across the Information Technology organization defining, delivering and supporting IT technical solutions and supporting roadmaps.
- In summary this position provides: leadership to assigned group(s); identifies, evaluates and resolves business issues; manages budgets; and works on abstract problems across all functional areas within IT.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
◆Responsible for managing IT Operations, including:
- Working across the business and IT, at all levels of management, to establish strategic, tactical and operational objectives for the IT Operations function.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring operational policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Directs and manages the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Defining, implementing and supporting best-fit solutions for:
- Data Center (Colocation) Operations
- Cloud based PaaS/IaaS/DRaaS
- Systems Engineering and Administration for enterprise IT infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Network, Virtualization, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Email, Active Directory, End Point Configuration Management, Telephony Call Systems, etc.
- Telephony and related call routing and integration technology
- Monitoring and alerting of critical IT infrastructure
- Deskside Administration and Services, including Desktop/Mobile Computing, Printing and Telecom standards, provisioning, maintenance and support
- Conference room video conferencing
- IT Service Desks Operations and Procedures; and
- Change, Asset and Vendor Management
- Effectively manage delivery of new technology through proper SDLC policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going monitoring, support and maintenance for implemented solutions.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department.
- Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Establishes and maintains budgets, operational plans and performance requirements
- Utilizes best practice processes around work assignments, project management, and quality of output while maximizing overall team performance.
- Builds relationships with customers to improve services and ensure service levels are being met.
- This role will be responsible for managing a team of system and network engineers and deskside services administrators.
- This role is expected to provide leadership, direct guidance and mentoring to team members.
- In addition, this role will also have project management responsibilities.
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of system development methodology, project management, analytical/problem solving skills and relevant development and technology skills.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring both team members and business partners.
- Expert proficiency in server administration (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Expert proficiency in common Hypervisor and virtualization technologies (VMWare, Citrix, Hypr-v, etc.)
- Expert proficiency in server storage and SAN's
- Expert proficiency in network engineering and administration
- Advanced knowledge of network and security concepts (SSO, AD, Next Generation Firewalls, VPN, HDCP, PKI, etc)
- Advanced proficiency in telephony-based technologies, include architecture, infrastructure and call routing methods
- Proficiency in cloud based XaaS technologies (e.g., Amazon, Azure, Exchange Office365, etc.) including engineering and implementing public and hybrid solutions that take into account: Extending corporate AD networks, CASB, VPN/Firewalls, CDN, DNS Acceleration, Storage, dynamic provisioning of resources, and cloud management/governance
- Expert knowledge and adaptation of emerging technologies and frameworks to reduce costs, effort and maintenance
- Expert proficiency in the establishing and implementing general IT control processes such as access, backup & recovery and DR
- Able to communicate in Japanese and/or Mandarin is a plus.
10 million JPY - 13 million JPY (Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun), National holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave
Application screening and several interviews are scheduled.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Information Technology, Project Management, Engineering