・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Fluent level Japanese preferred
☑Japanese global company ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time
Head, Medical Strategy Oncology
Japanese Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
The Medical Strategy Head will be an integral component of Japan Medical Affairs Medical Strategy team and report directly to the head of Japan Medical affairs. He or she will assume a key role within the organization and provide pivotal leadership providing strategic guidance throughout the oncology disease area to build the medical strategy and work closely with global counterparts to maximize the value of our portfolio. This position also serves to shape the future of JOBU in the growing pipelines across solid and hematology area including cell therapy. She or he will also contribute global medical products strategy. Candidate will serve in a leadership role within Japan Medical Affairs.
- Strategic Medical Plans: Initiates and lead strategic development of cross disease area medical strategy plan and oversight each products' medical strategy
- Program Management & Evaluation: Develops and maintains program budgets, evaluation metrics and data analytics to execute medical plans
- For prioritized products and molecules, provides strategic, scientific leadership and decision making for our Medical Affairs sponsored Phase 4 studies, including interventional and observational research and investigator initiated studies (IIR) program and support market access & reimbursement (SPP) data generation
- Collaborate with relevant partner including SPP, marketing, and R&D organization to achieve strategic medical imperatives
- Provide input into product asset strategy, clinical development program, brand team strategy & tactical plan lead LOC prodcuts as well as global products.
- Shares ongoing insights with internal partners include MSL, Medical Directors and teams, Evidence Generation, outcome Research and other relevant partners.
- Manage team with direct reports (6+ members expect to expand with pipeline development) within medical strategy team
- Assist and communicate with Head of Japan Medical Affairs in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Ensure compliant and effective execution of slaunghing tactics.
- Demonstrate Leadership Behaviors and company values of Patient / Trust / Reputation / Business on a consistent basis.
- Act, and be accountable for others in her/his team to act, in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Pharma D, PhD, M.P.H., M.S. or equivalent education or working experience preferred
- 10 years experience in healthcare industry
- 5-7 years experience in medical affairs, research and development or related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong communication and strategic thinking skills to develop the story holistically
- Strong analytical skills, able to clearly interpret and distill scientific, clinical and commercial information
- Team player who can collaborate, support and implement internal and external strategic initiatives to advance medical and corporate objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills and professional presence to result in effective engagement with colleagues, professional societies, and other external stakeholders.
- People and Talent development, Team management skills.
- Strong scientific/ medical background with business acumen
- Japanese : Ability to communicate or understand written or listening in local Japanese language after appointment (N-3 level within 6 months to reach N-2 level within a year upon assignment)
- English : Excellent in writing and speaking to work effectively with global organization
*Working from home is recommended under the guidance of COVID-19.
15 - 25 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider