☑Japanese global company☑English language required☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
About the company
We are one one of the one of the leading online service providers in Japan with wide ranging services from e-commerce to booking sites to financial service products and even life sciences/cancer treatments.
During this global pandemic we been performing very well and while some of their businesses took a temporary hit, other businesses are making more than up for it with significant growth as a whole business.
What's in it for you
- Fast growing, multi-cultural, international team
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and transparent culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables. Not sitting in the office all day and night.
- Opportunities: variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day as well as Utilization of new technologies.
Position is the No.1 Online Travel Agency in Japan. We provide services in leisure and also business travelers a variety of accommodation choices to meet all of their travel needs. The mission is to provide quality experience to our travelers.
What you will be doing
Design and improve large-scale front-end architecture and its core framework.
Lead and develop innovative and intuitive UI components.
Collaborate with back-end engineers to build seamless connectivity between UI and API.
Research, develop, and bring in new web technologies.
Work with product managers and UI/UX designers to create new ground-breaking features.
Improve performance, reliability, maintainability, and quality of the product.
Coach members in technical skills.
Maximize developer experience in the team.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in front-end web applications development using:
- HTML, CSS
- Babel, Webpack, Yarn/npm
- RESTful API
- Jest, Cypress
- Experienced in writing unit tests and integration tests in large scale.
- Understanding of web performance in JS and CSS.
- Strong communication skills, positive character, and empathy.
- Strong motivation for developing products with team spirit.
- Wish to improve, suggest ideas for your organization and teams.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, care about the smallest details.
- NodeJS, Express, Middleware.
- Mono-repo architecture
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery systems with Jenkins/Docker/Kubernetes.
- Development of a product with internationalization and localization.
- Support of a large scale React application.
- Contribution to open source.
- Knowledge of travel business or related.
- Team/department dependent (4 times in office is preferred)
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese not required