- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Japanese global company ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Global Eyewear Company
As a member of Japan Finance Leadership team, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining high-quality financial management information and provide professional advice to senior managers. He or she works closely with various functions to identify and execute strategic initiatives that drive transformation of finance function to seek efficiencies.
Key Operational Responsibilities
Local accounting close process owner:
- Owner to local closing timelines, deliverables and guidance for entire legal entity.
- Direct responsibility for the monthly closing process including tax accounting and cash management.. Provide and review of internal financial closing packages
- Review existing closing procedures to ensure that they are both effective and efficient; goal to reduce closing timeline by 1 day
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses for key metrics and special projects
- Improve coordination and partnerships with other regions and departments, tax, treasury, legal, financial planning and others
- Responsible for direct supervision of accounting staffs
- Ability to motivate, lead and teach team members in order to produce high quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Responsible for appraising performance and motivating team
Accounting policies & procedures:
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with a global accounting policy manual
- Ensure and maintain all key SOX control processes in accordance with global policies and procedures
- Support accounting's role in the implementation and execution of new standards and accounting methodologies
- Develop desktop procedure documents that standardize procedures harmonized with global policies and incorporate best practices, focus on continuous improvements
- Execute employee training for all Financial policies and procedures
- Maintain financial systems locally, verifying integrity of processes and accuracy of data, including ERP and other system.
- Co-work with global team to have appropriate system process.
- Act as main contact responsibility with internal /external auditors, internal departmental requests and compliance reporting
- Participate on special project teams.
- More than 10 years of experience in accounting (IFRS and JPN GAAP), financial reporting, Tax reporting and treasury management.
- Experience in foreign affiliated consumer or medical company a plus
- Prominent computer skills in Microsoft Office products (being proficient in Excel is a must).
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Abilities for problem solving, creativity, timely decision making, process management and good communication skills are key competencies.
- Bachelor's Degree, Qualification in commercial bookkeeping, CPA a plus.
9~13 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave, and more.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing