・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Global Automotive Company
A company that provides trainings and support to develop their employees career and has been nominated multiple times as best place to work and taking part in industry changing projects.
Our team oversees all IT related projects and operatio. Our broad responsibilities cover:
- Maintenance and Operation of existing systems
- Rollout of new local applications
- Support localization of our headquarter applications.
- Responsible of IT Governance (Security, Compliance, Audit, Technical Upgrade…)
We are targeting to be a Data Driven company with at the heart of this strategy Data Lake, a seamlessly data consumption management tool with a built-in Identity and Access Management to facilitate use cases across their whole lifecycle, including providing access to others and curating documentation. Built upon AWS, the Data Lake offers an intuitive portal, APIs and data spaces. The Data Engineer collects raw data from source systems into the central Data & Analytics Platform and supports Data Stewards in developing and operating Data Assets from a technical point of view. Thereby, a Data Engineer prepares data based on Group wide data quality standards.
The Data Engineer will:
- provide recommendations on how to adapt and improve the Data & Analytics Process towards the Process Owner
- provide recommendations on how to adjust Data Governance policies to the Data Transformation Office (regional team) and Data Management and Governance function (DMGF)
- receive sources system information and system access from the respective Product Owner of the Source System (Source System Owner) as basis for ingest pipeline build up
The Data Engineer will also strongly support the Data Steward to
- Collect, process, semantic link and curate Data Assets in cooperation with Group IT (including technical architecture for data collection)
- Document the Data Asset and the corresponding meta and master data within the Data Catalog
- Define and document measures according to the Privacy Impact Assessment (data protection) and the Information Classification (information security) for the storage, provisioning, retention and further usage of the Data Asset
- Ensure the application of local compliance regulations for the Data Asset provided for by country specific legislation
- Further develop the Data Asset by prioritizing and defining acceptance criteria for new Data Asset requirements of business and IT
- Advise Data Scientists, Business Analysts and other process partners on the interpretation and usage of the Data Asset as well as other content-related data requests (e.g. business context, attributes, source systems)
- Identify technical contact persons for specific data/ source systems within the Data Asset
- Define specifications for incoming and outgoing interfaces (ingest and egress) as well as preprocessing of the Data Asset
- Bachelor's degree or further with an IT specialization.
- Project management qualifications.
- 10+ years in corporate IT position.
- 5+ years in IT Design, Build.
- 3+ years in Automotive company/ wholesale/ retail company.
Preferred technical skills:
- Technologies: AWS, ETL, Database, and SQL (IT skills certifications preferred)
- Process: Cloud Security, ITIL, PMBOK, Scrum, Kanban Others:
- High Business English communication skill to be able to challenge Vendors or Regional/Central teams to convey Japan point of view.
- High Business Japanese communication skill to be able to communicate with our internal users and dealers.
- Advanced skill for communication, documentation, analytics, problem solving, and vender management
- English Language level: Business Level
- Japanese Language level: Business Level
- Work permission in Japan required
8-9 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology