・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Japanese global company ☑Listed company ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Corporate solutions manager
Financial Services Company
About the Role
This new position represents an exciting opportunity to assume a leading commercial role in a growing team and company. The candidate will support commercial activities for the Sustainable Corporate Solutions ("SCS") team in Japan and be instrumental in growing our business there.
The Sustainable Finance Solutions (SFS) Team operates as a separate, independent team within Sustainalytics, overseeing a suite of products and services specifically designed to help banks, underwriters, corporate issuers, government entities, and other debt issuers.
Issuers and lenders from around the world rely on Sustainalytics' award-winning Green and Social Bond Services to help them develop frameworks aligned with the respective Principles and to gain insight on market best practices and investor expectations.
Whether through green or social bond issuances, ESG-linked loans or ESG benchmarking, our globally placed sustainable finance team is committed to help you achieve your sustainable objectives. Our dedicated Sustainable Finance Solutions team has provided expert opinions on more than 1000 green, social and sustainable bond frameworks from a diverse set of industries, helping hundreds of issuers and lenders to bring their bonds to market, and expedite the bond issuance process.
The core responsibility of the role is to engage with potential customers and their intermediaries to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Japan business and where appropriate managing and expanding our relationships with leading global underwriters, lenders and corporates, turning qualified opportunities into sales.
- Contributing to and supporting the implementing the SCS business development strategy in Japan with responsibility for Japan and expand the business with our increasing range of SCS products;
- Act as a trusted advisor to underwriters and lenders on how to integrate sustainable finance solutions into their product offering;
- Grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline both by self and support performance of the Japan SCS Team
- Respond and organize responses to requests for proposals;
- Stay on top of market developments, identify and share product innovation opportunities;
- If Requested Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and networking groups;
- Provide back-up for staff to assure client coverage across APAC;
- Build, maintain and extend professional networks and support senior managers within the SCS business in Japan;
- Further develop ESG and Sustainable Finance industry knowledge; and
- Manage staff appointed to you (if appropriate in the future).
The ideal candidate needs to be a genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as support through close collaboration and coordination with other team members, based on Sustainalytics' relationship-focused consultative sales philosophy. The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Alignment with Sustainalytics' mission, vision and values;
- Sales or client facing experience (6 years requisite, 8+ highly desired);
- Japanese and English fluency required (plus any additional Asian languages an advantage);
- Previous success in new business development and prospecting;
- Demonstrated interest in Sustainability, ESG and sustainable finance;
- Experience in the finance sector required, understanding of debt capital markets and, or corporate finance highly desirable;
- Commercial mindset, innovative and entrepreneurial;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Ability to travel occasionally to Sustainalytics offices and financial centres required; and
- A related degree (finance, business desired).
12-13 million JPY+ Bonus
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance