・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑英語力が必要 ☑リモートワーク可能 ☑フレックス勤務 ☑ハイブリッド（出社×リモートワーク）
We are on a quest to find a legendary talent of Brand Manager, who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has demonstrated oneself as a leader of high-functioning cross-discipline publishing teams. Not only do they have a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but they also have a keen appreciation of the role Community, creative, and development teams play in creating world-class publishing experiences. They will tailor and execute the HQ Publishing and product positioning plans for Console/PC games with local nuances, develop creative campaigns, and shape long-term publishing strategy in Japan market. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower our games to succeed. Most importantly, they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
- Leadership. Lead with clarity and empathy, providing publishing teams with a clear brand vision for the franchise, being receptive to their needs, and constantly power-leveling their talent trees.
- Strategic Planning. Collaborate on both short and long-term strategic planning for the game title franchise, setting local publishing goals and plans, identifying key beats & KPIs, setting and managing the spend, applying publishing frameworks, and aligning staffing with the needs of the franchise.
- Marketing/Consumer Focus. Develop, champion and deploy creative marketing plans that effectively and efficiently reach consumer target audience.
- Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with local players, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
- Marketing Results. Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide indicated actions to improve marketing effectiveness for future title releases.
- Business/Operating Results. Actively manage brand lifecycle by recommending retail launch build quantities, profit maximizing strategies based a solid understanding of brand's pricing, sell in, sell through, channel / barn inventory, WAU's, MAU's and competitive environment.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across cross-functional local, Regional, and HQ publishing teams. Support eSports programmes, working with internal and external leaders and partners, to build on our leadership position in the eSports ecosystem.
- Communication. Persuasive high-level communication skills, both written and verbal in Japanese and English, including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of audiences and prepare executive-ready presentative materials.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know, be relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit the desired outcome and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- 7+ years' experience in publishing or marketing games on various platforms. Console/PC platform preferred
- Veteran leading global launch campaigns at the local scale and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans.
- Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentations skills with internal & external stakeholders
- Experience working effectively and constructively with publishing and external agency teams
- Rich and expansive understanding and experience in Japan game market and consumer behavior
- Shooter/FPS genre experiences with in-game economy management
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing is also a plus (UA, CRM/lifecycle, social/digital, etc.)
- Inspirational leadership facilitating teamwork and development
- Native Japanese skills and Proficient English levels
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Product Management, Marketing, Other