No Japanese required. Must have experience in Java, Springboot.
Kafka, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Oracle is a Major plus
If you are an engineer who is passionate to build SMART : Scalable, Maintainable, Automation oriented, Reliable, Technology cutting-edge systems, we are the right choice for you!
Shopping is entertainment. Join us in delivering one of our companies core e-commerce services for customers from Japan and worldwide. We are proud to be the No. 1 e-commerce service with highest online traffic in Japan. We provide 24/7 services to our tens of millions of customers, and are continuously improving the high scalability and maintainability of our system.
Travel Development Group works on the renewal project of companies Travel department to be competitive in global market. We are looking for developers who has willingness to keep growing with the business.
- You are expected to develop and operate APIs for inbound travelers to Japan which reaches 40 million in 2020. In order to do that, you are expected collaborate with your team members, product managers, front-end engineers, related teams in our company Group (e.g. payment, rewards, membership) to lead the renewal from the current website toward success.
- Post renewal, you are expected to improve features and performance of APIs continuously. You are also expected to provide stable APIs for travelers and partners by finding issues with monitoring, alerting, collaborating with support engineers.
- You will be a role model of next generation engineers with your technical skills and lead growth of the organization
Technical Skills / Experiences
- Experience of web API development and operation with Java and Spring Framework is must
- Experience of web API development on Linux
- Experience of designing tables and queries of RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) for high performance applications
- Experience of team development with VCS (e.g. GitHub / Bitbucket) and pull requests
- Experience of code review and design review
- Experience of improving architecture, performance analysis / tuning
- Knowledge of web API operation, performance improvement and security
- Experience of designing architecture and choosing technology stack (e.g. middlewares)
- Experience of automation test (e.g. xUnit / xSpec)
- Skills of database design, considering architecture for several systems
- Experience of interface design of web API
- Development: Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Sleuth, JUnit, Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Swagger
- Middlewares: Oracle, Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data, MongoDB, Kafka, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
- Infrastructure: Private cloud (RIaaS, RPaaS)
- Monitoring: Jennifer, Zipkin, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana
- CI: Jenkins, SonarQube, Ansible
- Others: Microsoft Teams, Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, etc.
Soft Skills / Experiences
- You can facilitate active and productive discussion in English
- You have motivation for team development
- Experiences of team leader or project manager
- You have ownership for software development
- You continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements
- Experiences of NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch) schema / query design
- Experiences of improvement of process / operation beyond the border of organization
- Experiences of development on IaaS, CaaS, PaaS
- Experiences of OSS development or speakers of conferences, writers of technical books
- Experiences of development of BtoBtoC applications
- Experiences to find issues and improve performance of middlewares by by analyzing source codes
- Experiences of API development with GraphQL or gRPC
- Experiences of microservice architecture
- Experiences of on-call
- Experiences of development of web application framework or libraries
- Knowledge of web security
- Experiences of launching new services or challenges in growth phase of services
- Experiences of leading or managing developers
- Knowledge of tracking Cookie
- Experiences of all aspects of application lifecycle (e.g. planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing, operation)