If you are an engineer who is passionate to build SMART : Scalable, Maintainable, Automation oriented, Reliable, Technology cutting-edge systems, we are the right choice for you!
Shopping is entertainment. Join us in delivering one of our companies core e-commerce services for customers from Japan and worldwide. We are proud to be the No. 1 e-commerce service with highest online traffic in Japan. We provide 24/7 services to our tens of millions of customers, and are continuously improving the high scalability and maintainability of our system.
We believe through applying our core principle: Hypothesis -> Verification -> Analysis -> Validate, and with a series of scientific AB tests to include best practices of UI/UX.
You will face a real test of strength as an application engineer for optimizing server-side system to provide high-availability service under the huge traffic caused by the big sales events, such as the Super Sale.
The Shopping Backend Service Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining of high quality and high availability backend services for our companies Marketplace Services as follows (but not limited to):
- Japan Ichiba (Web Frontend and Mobile Native Application)
- Global Shopping iOS/ Android Application (Taiwan and Cross border trading)
Why We Hire
Here at this company, we foster innovation. We are a rapidly growing team responsible for providing high scale API Gateway for our Ichiba's web frontend and mobile applications, serving on average over 300M+ requests per day. We enable our millions of users to freely interact, explore, shop and have fun buying things that they like. By joining this team, you will have an opportunity to impact our user facing screens, backend systems and everything between them.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative engineer who can bring fresh ideas, lead the development and operation with getting the peers involved proactively, to join us together in delivering best shopping experiences with high speed and time-to-market.
- To understand business requirements, and deliver features with high quality and speed
- To design, development, test, and operate of large scale e-commerce systems
- To perform maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting and bug-fix (24/7)
- To perform system improvement (i.e. refactoring, adopting appropriate technologies and system architecture, and optimizing the system performance with a sufficient load test)
- Good experience in CI/CD automation of service delivery (using Jenkins/git, etc.) as DevOps
- Good experience in both Waterfall and Agile practice, and understand the spirit behind them
- Good experience in traffic management by using CDN and caching systems
- Experience in developing GraphQL / JSON RPC / gRPC server implementations
- Team leading experience (5~6 people) to achieve targets on schedule under high pressure
- Operate middle ware, such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Web logic and other open source framework
- Experience in supervision of software contents management (Git, Maven, and Gradle)
- Experience in utilizing GNU utility on Linux distribution to take further investigation
- Experience in Architecture Design by taking lots of system characteristics
- TOEIC score over 650
- Try to tackle proactively against highly challenging issues and manage to get things done
- Can convince all stakeholders with choosing the best technical option with long-term and panoramic vision
- Over 4 years' experience in designing and developing RESTful API and Micro service architecture as a whole
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience in designing and developing applications using Java / Java EE platforms (JVM mechanism such as class loading, memory management, and gc tuning)
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns (Gof, SOLID principles, and functional programing)
- Experience in maintaining unit-testing suite at state-of-art level
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience to host Java application server (Tomcat, WebLogic / Jetty / Undertow, etc.) and configure it for production use
- Improve with the people around you with accepting given legacy system and rules
- Ability to try to pursue an issue meticulously and to take care in not missing details
- Ability to not be fixated on ideal solutions from a technical perspective and come up with a realistic idea to meet business requirements