・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Global energy company
You will collaborate with the rest of the Finance & Operations team overseas to the fulfillment of the missions of the department and may be involved in projects spanning multiple groups across commercial functions and staff.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting functions of commodity trading clients
- Take charge of the month-end and year-end closing process and reporting
- Prepare consolidated financials, assist with audit matters and ensure controls are in place.
Local activities are primarily focused on Japanese accounting and tax compliance reporting obligations as well as onshore cash pooling/management functions.
- Handle full set of accounts (AR, AP, bank reconciliations, journal and general functions)
- Prepare the Company's financial reports and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Engage, Coordination and manage external audit
- Internal control processes and procedures
- Manage inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Consolidation Reporting with HQ
- Forecasting and managing flow position
- Analyzing revenues, expenses, working capital, cash flow and other key financial indicators and provide advice on potential current and future impact on the business operation
- Managing management fee charges from and recharging to the other Entity
- Managing operational/business payments and banking activities
- Assist with local tax compliance and reporting matters
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Ensure proper onboarding of local suppliers, on-time processing of vendor bills and expense reports.
- Support internal customer requests and any ad hoc analysis
- Produce, explain, trading P&L
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline/ Qualified accountant (ACCA, CA, CPA)
- 6+ years working experience with Accounting & Reporting
- Strong accounting fundamentals and reporting knowledge
- Experience in commodity trading environment would be an advantage
- Foreign company experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP and experience in Japanese tax incentive compliance would be an advantage
- Financial experience including budgeting, forecasting, planning, and analysis
- Strong knowledge Japanese GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Proficient in fundamentals of Corporate Finance and modeling of business scenarios
- Proficient in MS office (Excel ,words Etc..)
- Proficient in both English and Japanese - Spoken and written
- Resourceful, thrives in a continuous learning environment and has an interest in digital transformation.
- Strong drive for results and complex problems solving skills coupled with the ability to build solid strategic working relationships
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to propose positive business solutions to complex problems, keeping in mind the big picture
- Strong sense of self-reflection, in order to propose solutions to improve our activities
- Strong organizational skills: dependable, proactive and timely
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethics.
- You are able to multitask and meet tight timelines
- Team Player
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with management.
12-15 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing, Finance