- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Global Software Company
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of complex supplier invoices and employee reimbursements for entities within OpenText
- Responsible for managing all administrative aspects for vendor accounts in Japan, including accurate setup in systems, coordinating the timely receipt of invoices, employee expense reimbursements, payment remittance communications and maintenance of accurate contact details at all times
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as Account Managers, Procurement, Data Governance Organization to ensure open communications and processes are streamlined per vendor (account) along with timely resolution to any invoice issues requiring escalation
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and quarter end reporting with analysis to proactively support the business in delivering to AP targets
- Drive opportunities for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the business process
- Perform root cause analysis for issues encountered/feedback received to invoice processing and propose corrective/preventive actions to management
- Deliver on internal audit requirements
- Partner with systems team on testing and support change management
- Assist in all acquisition integration activities as assigned by your leader
- Partner with management to promote teamwork and collaboration by sharing AP best practices
- Maintain SOPs or work instructions
- Train/coach new and existing AP Specialists
- Meet/exceed AP KPI targets set by management
- Deliver on other assignments as required
- College Diploma/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Accounts Payable or Administrative Vendor Account Management. Ideally the candidate should be registered in a program leading to an accounting designation.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Accounts Payable
- Global experience an asset
- Strong writing, communications, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Proficient in written and oral English communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and influence the right change with key stakeholders
- Organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple activities in a fast paced and changing environment
- Self-starter and strong team player to learn from your leader and others and teach your peers and others
- Strong reporting and analytics experience
- Strong working knowledge with ERP environment, specifically SAP and VIM or other workflow tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (minimum intermediate level)
- Demonstrated success in negotiation tactics in resolving disputes
- Second language skill an asset (French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Nordic)
- Working towards an Accounting Designation is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and P2P/AP processes
6 ~ 7 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Social insurances, 401K, Reemployment system after retirement, Employee share purchase plan and more.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave (20 days), and more.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing