Global Beverage Company
The primary role involves stakeholder engagement and alignment with tax authorities and government bodies in the matter of direct corporate tax, indirect tax (Japanese Consumption Tax("JCT"), Liquor Tax, withholding tax and others, transfer pricing tax and working with different parties on issues of tax policy. The role will also include providing training in order to be proactive from a tax perspective and enhance compliance. The tax manager will be the point of contact for local tax authorities, coordinate local tax audits and work with external tax advisors on tax related matters. The tax manager will also work closely with the Corporate Tax department to provide thought leadership for effective and efficient tax management for the Japan BU and covers 2 legal entities - reporting and tax obligations for several joint ventures in Japan and investments in subsidiaries outside of Japan. This position acts as an advisory role in managing the BU's tax environment on a daily basis in close cooperation with the Financial Services organization, Corporate Tax Senior Tax Counsel and tax advisors within the region. This includes developing clear and aligned tax strategies, tax policies, tax process management and tax governance including accounting. The Tax Manager will work with the business as a partner in providing clear and relevant business focused advice across different aspects of tax including tax strategy planning, M&A and new business advisory from a tax perspective
Reporting and Monitoring 50%
Strategy Development - 15%
Lead Tax Management (Execution) - 20%
- 5-10 years' experience in Tax compliance and oversight in Japan, including preparation of Income Tax and Indirect Tax Returns and handling of Transfer Pricing/APA negotiations, experience in mergers & acquisitions and development of operating models, experience in managing tax audits, experience managing outside tax consultants efficiently and effectively to deliver local tax advice on transactions.
- Working knowledge of Indirect Taxes, Withholding Taxes, Stamp Duty, M&A taxes.
- Accounting knowledge, project management
- Strong communication and capability to interact as a business leader in the business unit.
- Experience in working with virtual teams.
- Compulsory that candidate has a University degree in Finance, Tax or related and is a registered qualified professional accountant (CA, CPA or equivalent)
[Related Job Requirements / Qualifications]
- Technical Skills: Strategic Financial Consulting, M&A Consulting
- Tax Planning and Compliance (Income Tax, Consumption Tax, Liquor Tax, Withholding Tax, Stamp Duty, Transfer Pricing - for Japan)
- Risk Management, Internal Controls (e.g. SOX, Segregation of Duties etc) and Auditing
- US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP (Japan)
- Advanced SAP and Excel
- Treasury Appreciation
- Analytical Skills
- Systems Thinking
- Native level in Japanese language and fluent in English. Conference call skills.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.