※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for prospecting for new clients & projects by networking, cold calling or other means of generating interest from prospective customers. He or she will also be responsible for setting & evolving the business development strategy by gathering and communicating market intelligence, to ensure an optimal profitability and fit of company's service portfolio with market/customer demand.
- Deliver the sales budget for our CDMO business for the territory
- Pro-actively prospect for new customers and projects using all available means, incl. existing networks, trade shows, introductions, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Re-actively following up on enquiries for our services received directly or through, for example, our website;
- Preparing and issuing bids against business opportunities identified with prospective customers;
- Developing, maintaining and improving, as applicable, relationships with key contacts and decision makers at those prospective customers;
- Optimizing the relationship with prospective clients through both strategic and tactical means to ensure visibility of project opportunities as and when they arise;
- Developing, issuing and monitoring Targeting plans for the assigned territory;
- Preparing meeting reports and monthly sales highlight reports as required;
- Participate in negotiations of CDAs, Master Service Agreements and Commercial Supply Agreements for those prospective accounts;
- Attending key Trade Shows as applicable: CPhI, InterPhex, Bio Japan, DPI symposium, and relevant pharmaceutical technical symposiums and Forums.
- Supporting the rolling forecast by keeping CRM properly up to date for all opportunities with prospective customers according to the agreed guidelines, to ensure accurate forecasting for company on a continuous basis;
- Account Management for a limited number of accounts, managing the commercial aspects of on-going projects;
- In selected cases: working with Line and Senior Management to develop competitiveness mitigation strategies, which include but are not limited to investigating collaboration agreements, partnering approaches and other potential in-licensing deals;
- Ensuring the highest possible ethical standards are followed.
- Life sciences degree BSc, MSc or PhD (preferred);.
- Solid sales and/or account management experience for at least 8-10 years in a business development role within the pharma-chemical industry (CMO or CDMO preferred)
- Well-established commercial acumen and business judgment;
- Ability to perform analysis of prospective customers and opportunities, both financially and in terms of fit with our business;
- Self-motivating and able to work autonomously;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Team player;
- Accurate and organized;
- Advanced and fluent English skills (reading, spoken and written) and Native Japanese language; fluency in other language(s) an advantage;
- Advanced understanding cultural differences between Foreign and Japanese from the business perspectives;
- Availability and willingness to travel a considerable portion (40-60% of the time);
- Flexible working attitude to fit meetings with Europe time zone as well as other areas like US;
- Based in Osaka preferred but remote working from other regions like Tokyo possible;
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Osaka / Tokyo
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.