Global IT Company
- Establish team goals, objectives, and operating procedures in line with the overall business plans and objectives of the global procurement team and the Japan business unit.
- Provide strategic consulting and analytical perspective to key business stakeholders on procurement approaches and risks.
- Lead change management efforts related to implementing our strategy and transformation in support of the strategic and operational objectives of the region.
- Drive strategic cost optimization efforts through process improvements, contractual efficiencies and elimination of waste; achieve and exceed annual cost savings goals.
- Ensure that the team receives coaching and guidance on professional matters as well as developmental assistance for their career progression.
- Consistently look for opportunities to leverage regional or global buying power by keeping ongoing dialogue with colleagues and adopting a global philosophy.
- Lead the development, communication and implementation of Category Strategies for all sourcing categories in the region.
- Proactively build sourcing pipeline, showing the path to deliver and exceed savings targets.
- Contribute to building cross-functional/cross-geography team, operating in a collaborative spirit.
- Actively participate and lead some aspects of building supplier relationship program (SRM), pipeline tool, improving contract management, redesigning savings process, etc.
- Develop strong partnerships and nurture a positive business relationship with internal stakeholders and suppliers to understand their processes; short and long term business objectives, strategic direction and goals while providing 'Customer Focus' attitude.
- Align team's goals with the business objectives of key stakeholders.
- Enforce Global Purchasing Policy and other related policies, conduct trainings, and provide communication to regional stakeholders in order to maintain compliance.
- Consistently seek and implement ways to improve processes and eliminate tactical activities.
- Bilingual in English/Japanese
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- 10 years of Global Procurement/Strategic Sourcing experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role with the record of successful completion of regional or global projects.
- Experience in building category strategies, sourcing pipeline, savings methodology.
- Ability to collect, understand, interpret, and present various analytical data.
- Complete fluency with MS office and G-suite products, along with web navigation and spend/savings databases.
- Experience presenting to executives, professional gravitas, confident and assertive presentation style, explaining complex procurement issues in an audience-friendly format.
- Strategy and analytics experience, preferably at a consulting firm.
- Experience in sourcing corporate and professional services, global real estate, facilities and workplace services management, consulting and temp labor, marketing, meetings and events
- Positive, encouraging and inspirational leadership style, genuine care for the team's success
- Proven success in developing and executing strategic procurement programs resulting in cost savings and efficiencies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to distill ideas into compelling presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence senior management and critical stakeholders.
- Exceptionally developed interpersonal and relationship skills as evidenced by successfully influencing and leading change in a highly matrixed environment.
- Highly developed business acumen, strategic planning, organizational assessment, and process engineering and re-engineering skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a "thought leader" - sought after for advice, counsel and judgment.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, developing, retaining and coaching staff.
- Previous experience working within a growing regional team, specifically in Japan region
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- MS/MBA/MA degree is desired.
8 Million Yen ~ 10 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.