Global Software Company
The Platform Specialist (Region) will act as a domain expert to sales teams on our platform and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background the Platform Solution Engineer will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills the Platform Solution Engineer uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and solution fit.
The Platform Solution Engineer will also participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service market.
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture.
- Present our technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements.
- Build and present customized demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the our platform
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions.
- Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes.
- Work closely with other elements of the organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives.
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFI/RFPs and technical requirements documents.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management.
- Fluent Japanese in writing, reading, and speaking
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer/Architect for an enterprise software company.
- Communicating and presenting complex information for technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
Understanding of the principles and the technologies listed below:
- Web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
- Various cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures.
- Enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
- Security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications.
- The basic principles of network, application and information security.
- Domestic travel required.
- Business level English
- Past experience with one or more of the following CRM solutions: RightNOW, Microsoft, Siebel, Oracle on Demand, SAP, Pegasystems etc.
- Past experience with other cloud platform solutions: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud etc.
- Back-office / ERP system understanding - order management, accounts receivable / payables, collections, contracts (service), installed base.
- Experience working with a J2EE architecture: Java, XML, JSP, HTML, and SQL
- Experience with relational databases including Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server,PostgreSQL etc.
- Knowledge of operation management, enterprise directories, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Experiences or Knowledges of other SaaS/PaaS solutions.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.