Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Electronics Manufacturer
This position has category sourcing responsibility mainly for production in Japan. The job holder has supplier management responsibility and acts as a single point of contact for strategic sourcing issues with suppliers. The job holder closely works with internal stakeholders such as PM, Engineering, Operation, Plants, QA, Finance and Legal, as well as sourcing engineers/managers in other sites incl. Korea, Shanghai, Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Develop and manage suppliers to meet business requirements and expectations for cost, quality and delivery
- Conduct RFQ, lead supplier selection and ensure supplier's production ramp-up and delivery
- Analyze spend with should-cost model and benchmarking, and lead price negotiations with suppliers
- Work with supplier and internal stakeholders for supply related issues and for supply quality and delivery performance improvement
- Plan and execute sourcing initiatives for example engineering change, EOL management, production transfer with suppliers and stakeholders
- Assist category management in creating sourcing strategy and ensure its implementation
- Create and maintain contracts and agreements with suppliers
- Improve procurement process efficiencies
- Monitor supply market, commodity trend, competitors and products to develop expert knowledge
- Category management skills and experiences in global procurement organization
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Data-driven business mindset with analytical and financial skills
- Communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills and abilities to lead cross-site & cross-functional initiative
- Should-cost modeling, cost analysis and strategic price negotiations with suppliers
- Fluent in Japanese and English for business communications
- Bachelor's degree
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Electronic connector business, design & production experiences
- Knowledge of stamping process, injection molding process and raw materials such as metal strip and resin
- Supply chain management, logistics, subcontractor management, quality control and production control
- Advanced degree (such as M.Eng., MBA, CPP) a plus
- SAP, Ariba skills
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.