Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Retail Company
You will provide professional, informed and commercially focused legal advice to the Japan General Counsel, the Senior Management Team (SMT), and management along with Team members. You will be partnering closely the team members of other functions to solve legal issues and establish an effective system to reduce potential legal risks to the organization.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements, policies and procedures as necessary.
- Advise the business on the most effective response to legal issues and develop strategies for dealing with similar and recurring legal matters.
- Proactively work with business units and determine when legal advice is necessary.
- Provide Japanese law advice on Global or International business initiatives and plans.
- Create local Japanese processes, policies and standard documentation where necessary.
- Litigation/dispute management: Manage disputes and litigations. Manage outside counsel in proceedings.
- Corporate Governance: supervise legal assistant in preparation and management of shareholders and board of directors meeting.
- Trainings: plan, prepare, and deploy legal trainings to the internal audience.
- Report to Management: support General Counsel in preparation of management report, advice to the executives, and any other tasks required by the management.
- Global Projects: coordinate with US and EU legal teams in various global projects.
- Contribute to internal International Legal Department processes, policies and standard documentation.
- Academic and job-based knowledge of Japanese and Anglo-American law
- Professional level skills in drafting and negotiating contracts and legal research
- Interpersonal skills to relate to the management key players as well as to the team members as business partner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Advanced level of English (TOEIC 900 or above)
- Minimum BA in Law. Qualified lawyer.
- 5~10 years' experience as an in-house legal staff at reputable global corporations
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Flextime System (Staring time 5am~closing time 10pm) No core hours. The prescribed working hours for one (1) month shall be as follows: Scheduled working hours per month: Working days of the month x 8 hours
Work from home policy
Childcare leave system, Nursing care leave system
Welfare: Employment insurance, Industrial accident compensation insurance, Employees' health insurance, Employees' pension plan, 401(k) plan, Yearly health checkup, Condolence money, Care Family Program, Team Member discount
Engagement activities / facilities: Company-recognized club system (with partial subsidies for activities according to regulations), Employee cafeteria, Nap room, Relaxation room, and Free coffee service
Education and training: New employee training, Manager training, Special departmental training programs, e-learning, Business English learning support programs
Human resource development: Certification acquisition support, Internal Job application
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays and company-designated holidays, Annual paid leave (15 paid leaves in the first year of joining), Birthday leave, Condolence leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.