Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
Global Advertising Agency
This Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for assisting the Managing Director, along with Producers/Account Leads on the overall financial management of client work. This includes, but is not limited to, the office revenue and profitability, overseeing billing of fees and out of pocket expenses.
- Overall P&L Budget management that includes accurate revenue forecasting and cost management
- Working closely with Business teams to understand key business drivers/changes to provide accurate revenue forecasting
- Working with various business units to identify cost efficiencies and implementing controls for managing costs, including approval for investments and project discounts.
- Review of client's Statement of Work (SOW) and Master Service Agreements (MSA), ensuring that it is compliant with internal guidelines and local legal requirements. Ability to negotiate with clients on Japanese only contracts based on legal review of English version
- Ensuring that timely data analysis and information is provided to facilitate month end Management Information reports to internal Regional and Global teams.
- Project pricing and rate card reviews to ensure that project pricing is aligned with guidelines adapted with local market practices. This includes analyzing project profitability analysis.
- Oversee duties of accountant and provide managerial support where needed mainly across:
- Month-end closing duties including revenue recognition
- Reporting requirements
- PL and BS adjustments, analytical reviews
- Job management and reconciliations
- Local statutory requirements and reporting
- To fully manage any applicable internal and external audit process
- Ability to independently resolve issues and escalate promptly where necessary
- General assistance to local MD on adhoc requests
- Adhoc support to Regional CFO in regional initiatives
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Has experience with Vantage/SAP, or knowledge of integrated financial systems
- Is incredibly organized and pays extra attention to the details
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Is self-motivated and loves a good challenge
- Enjoys working with people across multiple departments and countries, including
- Producers and Account Leads
- Is a master of Microsoft Excel
- 5+ years' related experience, preferably in the advertising industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
At the moment due to COVID, the organization is doing full work from home, and though the official times of work is from 9:30am to 5:30pm, as the direct report of this position is to the APAC Finance Director, they are quite flexible in terms of the working hours as long as the individual does a good job of delivering. Furthermore with the COVID situation, they are contemplating on implementing a forever "work from anywhere" type situation for the company