IT Infrastructure Networking Engineer
Global Insurance Company
A top-level global network engineering subject matter expert in one or more highly specialized areas of network architecture, design, optimization, and support systems (LAN/WAN, remote access, and data center communications) across the enterprise.
Architects, plans, designs, engineers, deploys and provides Tier 3 support for the Enterprise:
- Network infrastructure across the multiple business functions and locations
- Network security infrastructure (firewalls, VPN)
- Remote access methods including IPSEC and SSL VPN
- Data Center Engineering including all IDFs and cabling infrastructure
- Provides network engineering team leadership in areas of expertise.
- Together with global team researches on latest technologies and best practices in specific areas to develop designs including security, availability and performance
- Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
- Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Resolves complex problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured troubleshooting tools and techniques after escalation on within technical area of responsibilities
- Interfaces with vendors on complex systems problems.
- Interfaces directly with vendors, operations staff, peers, application developers and management, as needed.
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners
- Represents team on major collaborative efforts for key IT and company initiatives.
- Creates high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Prepare network proposals with financial impact on hardware, software, and FTEs.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 4-8 years' experience in all phases of network design, installation, and maintenance in voice/data telecommunications network technology.
- A broad general knowledge of network operations, network security, storage network designs.
- Extensive technical knowledge of voice/data network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols.
- Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
- Pays attention to details and ensures accuracy and high quality.
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
- Clean, well-organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Able to configure Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network devices at all levels.
- Hold an active network related certification such as:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
- Palo Alto Networks - Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.