**Note: Applicants must be located in Japan and must have permission to work in Japan
Global Financial Company
- Individual accountability for day-to-day, often real time, legal advice required to support the Markets businesses in Japan, primarily responsible for structured products and derivatives on a pan-asset class basis. Additionally, coverage includes, and is not limited to, securities issued under company' Global Structured Securities Programme, repackagings, prime services, securities lending, central clearing of OTC derivatives transactions and other regulatory-driven infrastructure initiatives, and review of outsourcing contracts in accordance with company' outsourcing policy.
- In line with global regulatory changes, regarding MIFID II, EMIR, Dodd Frank and JFSA rules, implementation of those changed into business/operational structure and reflect documentation, such as amendment of agreements (such as ISDA/JSDA agreements) with customers, notification /explanation to customers regarding such changes and obtaining positive/negative consents.
- Act as a "trusted advisor" to key stakeholders in the business and infrastructure functions, maintaining/developing strong relationships and being recognised as a key point of contact. Aim to provide comprehensive advice, fully utilising understanding of business and the laws applicable to it and taking into account company' culture and being sensitive to any issues.
- Ensure Legal is an integral partner to company ' decision-making process, by counselling on the implications of current risks affecting businesses, helping to navigate the regulatory-driven landscape and giving insight on future legal risks.
- Identifying and mitigate legal risks, including accountability for the Legal Key Risk Framework. Accountable for managing external counsel in Japan.
- Participate in the development of internal policies and procedures to reduce legal risks and ensure that robust control and governance are in place.
- Lawyer's qualification in Japan and/or UK, US or any other recognized common law jurisdiction with at least two years' post qualification experience
- Solid legal skill/knowledge regarding derivatives and structured products and work experience in the finance field at a recognized law firm and/or as an in-house counsel at a recognized financial institution (preferably both)
- Business-level verbal Japanese language communication skill is preferred for those without Japanese qualification.
- Ability to draft and communicate in English is required for those with only Japanese qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage and work with colleagues, supervisors and external counsel.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Skillful co-ordination and management of working across a wide range of stakeholders both within and beyond the function and be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the business
- Be commercially aware and have a sound understanding of the role of legal and transactional risk management in investment banking so as to be able to provide sound advice and practical solutions
- Good team player with a pro-active/will-do attitude, diligent, flexible and risk-sensitive with good client management skills
- Have the confidence and self-reliance to cope with unfamiliar challenges and be able to work under pressure.
11 Million ~ 14 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.