Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
This position will have the responsibility to keep customs and trade compliance & trade globally.
- Secure Customs and Trade Compliance Directive
- Handle/ secure customs and trade areas in a truly broad perspective and to suggest compliant and efficient solutions
- Customs and trade relevant Process setup and management
- Customs Database Management
- Project involvement from compliance perspective and process control
- Take the interface between custom authorities and colleagues/partners on customs Audits
- Work closely with other departments, external suppliers, forwarders, LSPs, Customs authorities and relevant authorities
- Support Brokers evaluation and audit (Customs Broker Management)
- Liaise with Customs Authorities (externally)/ Legal (internally) on compliance issue
- Update/ monitor policies and regulations, translate Customs regulations into practical business solutions and establish the proper procedures for Customs compliance and key stakeholders
- Assist to develop inbound/outbound/packaging freight flows with focus on reducing customs related lead-times and costs, including provide information on availability as well as legal requirements in utilizing duty relief programs and procedures such as Free zone/Bonded Warehouse, Inward-/Outward Processing relief, VMI set up etc.
- Make customs assessments for all sites (if applicable) to support on customs processes improvement and optimization and to find potentials for customs related savings.
- Provide customs and trade compliance trainings to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Degree in Customs, Laws, Economics, International Business or equivalent
- More than 5 years with Customs and Trade Compliance experience
- Experiences in Consulting and automotive industry is preferable
- Strong knowledge about Customs and Trade
- Strong knowledge of Customs processes and regimes.
- Good understanding of the Businesses, especially the Logistics set-ups
- Strong leadership skill
- Good communication skills
- Result - oriented
- Structured work approach with Project management skills
- Significant change management abilities
- Self-motivated, take initiatives to change process and procedures
- Knowledge of European and American export control regulations*
- Experience from work related to Regulatory Compliance work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision. Getting the work done
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas,methods, designs and technologies
- High skills in building strong networks/relationships with other departments.
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.