Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Responsible for the preparation of complex and interpretive financial analyses and reports. Supports the annual budget process, expense and/or staffing forecasts and statistical reporting.
- Prepares complex financial analyses and reports for department management.
- Prepares analyses, reports, and special studies for management.
- Business partners with organizational unit(s) to develop annual budgets, expense and staffing forecasts, and statistical reporting.
- Prepares and consolidates financial data statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis.
- Coaches or leads less-experienced Financial Analysts.
- US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles - Evaluates US accounting standards to record transactions in compliance with requirements and company policies; assesses the accounting requirements and objectives to determine the implications on the business and communicate to stakeholders with varying financial knowledge.
- Financial Reporting - Analyzes financial data by evaluating results and solutions to support business decisions; prepares and presents financial information by summarizing data to communicate results in compliance with regulations and stakeholder expectations; partners with stakeholders to drive financial performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies.
- Business Partnering - Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
- Financial Planning and Forecasting - Utilizes financial forecast data to provide forward looking projections to facilitate decision making; partners with stakeholders to analyze trends and validate assumptions to provide a forecast that aligns to the organization's goals and strategies.
- Financial Analysis - Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Finance
- Accounting or related field required.
- Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.