Global Healthcare Company
- Serves as the financial lead for Europe and the primary finance contact for the COO in addition to providing finance support for assigned business unit(s). Provides day-to-day leadership to the Business Unit Controllers that support the COO's direct reports, ensuring consistency and providing a consolidated view of the non-therapeutic business units. Additionally serves as the primary finance support for assigned business unit(s).
- Oversees management and direction of assigned finance personnel. Approves course of action on all management/human resource matters, including employment hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, performance appraisals, professional development, job descriptions, employee evaluation, training, counseling, and discipline of direct staff members.
- Supports, reports and forecasts on revenue, contracts, projects, and resource requirements for assigned business unit(s). Ensures all financial requirements are being properly controlled within the business unit and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Ensures global compliance of corporate revenue and expense recognition policies. Supports line of business financial requirements and corporate profitability targets. Ensures backlog is accurate and updated timely.
- Fully supports business unit(s) on a proactive basis. Understands their financial and reporting needs and is viewed as a valued business partner by recommending action plans and providing high quality, professional and creative financial analysis that supports their ability to reach their corporate profitability, financial, and operational goals.
- Provides financial leadership, system support, and functional guidance to the Business Unit Controllers to ensure compliance with policies and GAAP. Leadership could be in the form of either direct reports or matrix reporting. May have line management responsibilities for staff members. For direct and indirect reports, may participate in and manage activities related to department staff operations such as interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Ensures project revenues are being recorded in accordance with GAAP and company policies. Fully understands projects underway and their unique nuances.Recommends revenue recognition principals that are GAAP compliant.
- Oversees review of project profitability and balance sheet health, to include unbilled and billed Accounts Receivable balances. Meets with project managers regularly to assess progress and to discuss any potential contract needs or changes. Participates in monthly project status meetings and ensures concurrence of project status and progress.
- Reviews and validates Business Unit Profit & Loss Statements. Investigates and resolves anomalies and unusual trends. Supports and participates in Monthly/Quarterly Business Unit Reviews, providing financial insights to business growth trends and profitability in assigned area. Offers methods and ideas for improving results.
- Reviews all significant proposals to ensure they meet corporate profitability and cash targets. Approves those that do meet targets and escalate those that do not meet targets. Supports all financial negotiations for contracts and proposals and provides insightful solutions as to how to meet both the sponsors and INC financial goals.
- Supports Company's accounting closing schedule and all corporate financial reporting requirements, including backlog, forecasting to meet or exceed respective deliverable deadlines.
- Accurately forecasts future financial periods. Ensures backlog reporting is current, with any significant variances explained. Works closely with business units to ensure backlog reflects consistent, accurate and timely reporting.
- Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent related experience plus extensive, progressive financial experience preferably within a Contract Research Organization or pharmaceutical environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- English proficiency required.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with accounting software packages are necessary and Oracle Finance experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive data.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Effective presentation, documentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.