Global Technology Company
As the Software Engineering lead for our Retail solutions, you will be responsible for the Software engineering team and roadmap delivery for our Retail business in Japan. The leader in this role will need to be accustomed to leading a global team of over 50+ engineers requiring us to be agile and customer centric. This role will collaborate directly with R&D Leaders in the US, GM of the Japan Retail Solutions, Director of Professional Services for Retail Solutions. The person is expected to manage less than 10 people in Japan and 25 member Off-shore center.
- Manage the global product delivery for the Retail Solutions
- Build and lead a software engineering team where collaboration, customer delight and passion for their work are the key tenets of the team culture
- Design a SW organization structure, process and culture that promote lean development principles ensuring overall product quality and on-time delivery of the solution roadmap
- Partner with Solution Management to understand business needs, align priorities, and execute on strategies to deliver a solutions portfolio that will drive success for our customers and the business
- Own quality assurance across the product portfolio
- Provide technical thought leadership within the business while working with major customers and partners
- Act strategically for long term success but operate tactically to deliver results and meet customer needs
- Establish processes and build skills to drive overall product quality and superior customer interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Fluent Japanese
- 7+ years of experience in software management & leadership experience driving engineering teams
- Experience running a geographically diverse development team with a proven ability to manage efficiency, budgets and operating costs
- Winning style with customers including relationship management skills and a proven ability to explain technical topics in an understandable way
- Extensive understanding and experience leading in SAFe
- Ability to manage the deliverables attached to the organization's strategic software roadmap with a focus on customer success, speed to market and quality
- People Management - Leading, developing and coaching engineering teams to achieve their best potential
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software engineering including architecture, design, and software code development
- Point of Sale, Retail, eCommerce, or payment processing applications
- Agile processes and methods, particularly Scrum & SAFe
- Proficiency in automated unit test development practices and design methodologies
- Data modeling concepts and best practices; Database and SQL performance tuning experience
Retirement payment system
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.