※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required business level Japanese.
The Electrical Engineer will work on a wide range of PV plant projects throughout their lifecycle, providing the technical leadership and support needed to enable project success. This role will oversee and manage all electrical engineering activities needed to permit, contract, engineer, procure, construct, and commission projects. The Electrical Engineer will frequently and proactively interact with internal and external counterparties to achieve results and will be a key contributor in activities that drive our future competitiveness.
- Creating conceptual design studies, calculation, and specifications for projects
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on technical deliverables provided by counterparties.
- Interfacing with utilities and authorities (e.g. METI) to facilitate permits, approvals and project interconnections
- Preparing and reviewing quality control measures and commissioning plans for projects
- Conducting and reporting on project site visits
- Checking the quality of electrical installations in construction projects and supervising the commissioning process of our PV plants
- Supporting technical due diligence activities and providing technical support for projects
- Supporting asset managers to review and analyze monitoring data during the operational phase
- Keeping current on local electrical standards and regulations which impact projects
- Investigating , researching, reporting and presenting on solar related technologies and regulations
- Establishing and maintaining a strong industry network to promote the company's activities
- Working together with cross functional global teams to improve competitiveness
- Supporting and participating in ESG activities initiated by the company
- Business level English and business level Japanese is required
- Bachelor of Science or related degree in electrical engineering
- 10 years or more experience in medium and high voltage electrical engineering projects
- Solid understanding of local and international electrical standards and regulations
- Advanced capabilities in MS Office applications
- Positive energy towards project challenges as well as learning and adapting to business dynamics
- Owner's mentality in taking responsibility for deliverables
- One team approach working constructively with domestic and international counterparties
- Do the right thing to support the company in becoming more competitive and achieving results
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills
- Self motivated, well organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel domestically based on business needs, averaging up to 30% of work time
- Licensed to drive in Japan
- Able to manage, control and deliver against multiple projects and work requests in a timely manner
- Lead and coordinate technical activities involving internal and external stakeholders
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.