Global Automobile Parts Company
The Japan Design Project Lead is the local key interface to OEM customers as well as company teams to coordinate, in alignment with global studios, the development of model programs for Japanese OEM customers. This position will focus on leading a smaller team, coordinating daily activities as well as guidance and training for team members. A mix of coordination work and self-execution of design work in the area of Interaction/UI Design is expected. The range of products in scope are Instrument Clusters, Head-Up Displays, and Infotainment systems.
- Maintain effective partnerships with Japanese OEM customer Design Teams as well as to company internal development teams
- Support company's product development activities as well as new business wins.
- Responsible for program results by creation and distribution of work packages for team, supervising and setting task priorities as well as self-execution of tasks
- Assure best result quality within design programs, applying the team´s best practices, ensuring work processes and conducting reviews or validation sessions with team
- Forecasting of work load and estimation of change requests
- Close alignment with company's program and team leads as well as global Design Team Managers.
- Training and onboarding of team members
- Degree in Interaction Design / User Interface Design / Product Design
- 3-6 years team lead experience in User Interface Design (automotive background preferred)
- Strong proficiency in leading teams with high level of independent exchange and decision taking within designated team and project
- Strong communication skills and experience in customer interface and negotiation
- Good skills in 2D design and UI tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Axure, Muse)
- Knowledge in 3D design tools of advantage (Maya, 3ds Max)
- High affinity to automotive User Interfaces, processes and coordination with focus on constant improvement of workflow
- Japanese business level, high proficiency in English (verbal and written)
※Experiences and skills will be considered
労災保険 雇用保険 厚生年金 健康保険
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.