Global Retail Company
＊One of the most famous Retail Company worldwide!
- Oversee the controls, narratives, mapping flow, process owner(s) communication and guidance for best practices needed for financial, and operational, FCPA work
- Oversee and maintain Level 1 monitoring and weekly reporting
- Oversee and maintain responses to corporate and audit initiatives
- Partner with CEO, CFO and other leaders on key initiatives in the areas of FCPA
- Propose remedial measures on errors to business department
- Design of the controls, narratives, mapping flow, process owner(s) communication and guidance for best practices needed for financial, and operational controls
- Oversee and provide instruction for maintaining documents subject to SOX and guidance on the content of the documents
- Partner with the business to capture change in internal processes and systems impacting overall controls and to ensure entity level coverage
- Understand the company accounting policy and partner with market accounting policy lead (technical lead)
- Partner with market technical lead to ensure local practices are in line with the company t accounting policy and properly documented
- Understand US and Japan GAAP and impact on retail business by partnering with market and regional technical leads
- Partner with market technical lead to review, or document, draft policies submitted for review by Corporate
- Manage overall finance controls for all the company entities and business areas
- Maintain and ensure best practices and high standards of internal controls are in place for the main processes in the company such as contingencies, reconciliations, inventory, IT systems and applications (SAP and other legacy systems), labor claims, closing controls (journal entries) and other financial areas.
- Understand the content of audit findings both during the audit and before issuance of final reports
- Oversee and drive the follow-up and monitoring of all audit findings and recommendations, inclusive of non-finance activity
People Leadership/Support Global Controllership Organization Effectiveness:
- Develop team members (manage objectives and offer advice)
- Ensure ethical guidelines thoroughly
- Understand and partner with the CEO, CFO and Controller to drive Global Controllership initiatives both in the area of Governance, and other Finance areas
- US GAAP knowledge
- Japan GAAP knowledge
- Business level English and Japanese
- Accounting/Controllership experience, preferably in a fortune 500 corporation overseen by a US parent company
- Public audit experience; preferably with clients who are overseen by a US parent company
15 Million yen ~ 23 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.