Community Program Manager
SaaS startup vendor
As Community Program Manager, Japan, you'll be responsible for growing our community program regionally by creating and executing region-specific recruiting, activation, engagement and retention programs for members, engaging with Japanese customers in our community forum, and for hosting events to energize local customer communities. You'll have the opportunity to work with our internal community, marketing, and sales teams, our regional customers, large-brand partners and their communities, and experiment with new channels, methods and incentives for expanding and activating our community in Japan.
- Source, research, and recruit Japan-based participants into the Community Program, including (but not limited to) online recruiting, partner relationships, direct customer contact, and coordinating online and offline events.
- Research, recommend and produce region-specific resources, marketing campaigns, content and events for ongoing recruitment, activation, engagement and retention of community audiences.
- Manage daily regional community operations, including working with regional community members and moderating our Japanese community forum.
- Support our Community Program members in hosting their own events, including content, venue, and promotion guidance.
- Manage coordination of our hosted event conceptualization, program and speakers, venue/platform, sponsors, vendors, and promotion for online and offline events.
- Monitor and report on success metrics, including program efficacy, ROI and business impact.
- Gather feedback and insights from program members to inform marketing and product strategies and partnership opportunities.
- Above all, you love people (and especially customers). You love what they say. You love to be inspired by their stories. You can't wait to engage with them every day.
- Understand motivations for people to become part of our Community Program, and build our programs to best meet their needs, engage them, and help them perform within it.
- Be able to understand and establish value for community programs and track and report on success from them.
- Creative and analytical, you inspire others to work collaboratively towards shared and tracked objectives, across functions and geographies.
- Well-spoken, professional, and comfortable in front of any audience as you'll be representing our brand.
- You are curious and listen well, absorbing different views and capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course and charging forward.
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and increasingly global environment.
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Event planning and management experience including planning and executing events at a variety of scales, including offline and online, such as workshops and trainings, meetup groups, trade shows, roadshows, executive programs and large-scale conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you'll likely be creating content (both on your own and in conjunction with other teams).
- Problem solver with a global mindset.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and ready to jump on new projects and opportunities (even if loosely defined out of the initially defined job scope).
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in partner marketing, community marketing or B2B marketing (SaaS).
- Fluent in written and spoken Japanese and English.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically.
- Work Permit in Japan
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.