※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Japan central Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a 財務・経営企画/Business Intelligence Engineer to play a key role supporting Japan Fulfillment Operations. Key FP&A team functions include driving the bi-annual planning process, monitoring weekly and month-end performance/financials against plan; creating, maintaining and reconciling to forecast models; and providing ad-hoc analysis for senior business management to support the evolving business needs. This role would support team function through ownership of the data structures, performance/analytical reports, and information flow between central planning and field functions to drive understanding of the business and recommendations for improvements.
Key responsibilities for this role would include:
- Consulting on new business ideas to ensure end-to-end system integrity between operational activity, data management and financial reporting.
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting logistics in improving and creating new measures for site productivity
- Collecting, analyzing and reviewing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
- Gathering and translating business requests into technical requirements for further development
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, or in a similar field
- 5+ years relevant experience in finance, business intelligence, engineering consulting or related highly-analytical field
- Business-level English and basic level of Japanese skills
- Highly proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge & experience using OLAP technologies and BI Analytics, hands-on experience building and managing data tables
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience with BI tools: OBIEE, SAP BW, Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion, BPM, Tableau, Microstrategy
- Experience designing and driving basic statistical analysis (distribution, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Japanese communication skills in workplace setting
- Solid communication skills and team player
- Experience leading small to medium sized process improvement projects
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.