Global Lubricant Manufacturer
＜Purpose of role:＞
Responsible for managing a direct channel sales team to achieve or exceed assigned sales and profitability goals through the delivery of the direct sales strategy and financial performance targets (e.g. sales volume, gross margin and overdues) within an assigned territory, and supports the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies and customer retention programmes.
The role is of strategic importance growing the Japan footprint and making a step change in our participation and ability to access new GM in the key strategic regional ports. The Area Sales Manager supports the Regional Sales Director (RSD), A&P by managing a scalable business portfolio in Japan.
＜Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role＞
- Plans and manages delivery of sales direct channel activities, driving business to maximize profitable growth of brands with a focus on premium products and services, and sharing best practice across the teams.
- Actively tracks, contacts and develops existing and potential accounts, and builds partnerships and relationships with large customers to maximize value for both parties.
- Leads implementation of the GME strategies by ensuring strategic objectives and milestones are embedded into Area and sector plans. Supports strategy development activities for the region and sectors to deliver sustainable long term value, where required agreeing with stakeholders choices to optimize between strategic and short term financial delivery and working collaboratively to secure financial approval for deals.
- Manages a team to achieve planned financial performance for the region, providing effective leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring to improve team capabilities. This includes attending coaching days where quarterly 1-2-1 customer visits are conducted with each Account Manager.
- Owns the customer relationship and manages high level senior relationships with key customers within the Area.
- Ensures voice of customer is recognized and is integral in the design of our offers and champion the delivery of an excellent customer experience to underpin loyalty and value creation.
- Drive continuous improvement in the delivery and quality of the 24-month sales rolling forecast
- Drive rigor and discipline in prospecting pipeline management through the Vulnerabilities & Opportunities (V&O) module in InSite. The quality of information in InSite's V&O module impacts reporting to the business and decisions taken by the GME leadership team therefore it is crucial that the sales function, as the owner of this information, maintains and makes updates to reflect the latest developments.
As a leader in GME, actively contribute to the development and execution of the business strategy and plan, with specific emphasis upon:
- Delivery of strategic priorities o Delivery of the GME annual plan o Creating a "winning" culture based upon high levels of inclusion and engagement.
- Ensure that all activities conducted through 3rd parties or intermediaries in country comply fully with our own Code of Compliance (CoC) and local competition legalization. Ensure compliance with regional regulations, Company Group, Segment and regional policies and standards (e.g. Picasso).
- Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken.
- At a country level, the role is responsible for engaging with other lubricants business and functional stakeholders to ensure appropriate representation for the GME CLT.
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies.
- Leverages resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- Experience of managing team across a large geographic footprint, with diverse businesses is a must. Wider general management and cross cultural experience would be a significant benefit
- Proven abilities of dealing with and influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders both within and outside the organization is essential for success in this role
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Role model the company Values and Behaviors
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Customer orientated and ability to drive customer responsiveness and insight
- A strong organization and people orientation to be able to build strong, capable and sustainable organizations
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and manage a portfolio of projects/processes
- Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations
- Ability to work across functions and gain support for the businesses in the Region
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.