Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Establish Billing, Credit, AR management in Japan closely working with US and Japan finance and accounting, Customer Service, IT department and Account Team.
- Handling issuance, checking and packing and mailing invoices to the customers
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Work with Order Administration group to resolve any billing discrepancies.
- Identify and analyze major billing issues and resolve them at their root causes. Need to demonstrate the reduction of issues over time.
- Resolve unapplied cash exceptions from the automatic cash application interface with the bank and resolve cash application disputes
- Identify and analyze major unapplied cash issues and resolve them at their root causes. Need to demonstrate the reduction of issues over time.
- Be responsible for Accounts Receivable month-end close process. Reconcile AR sub-ledger to the GL.
- Prepare allowance for doubtful accounts analysis and bad debt write-offs analysis
- Identify, analyze and resolve major issues on negative Accounts Receivable amounts. Need to demonstrate the reduction of negative Accounts Receivable amounts over time.
- Process credit memo related to defective returns
- Create and maintain desk procedure documentation
- Participate in other special projects as assigned
- BS Degree in Business or Accounting with 5 + years of accounts receivable experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve issues at the root causes and demonstrate results over time
- Basic understanding of US GAAP as well as JGAAP
- Strong communicating skills in both written and verbal English and Japanese
- Be able to maintain strong and effective working relationships with the customers, Order Administration and Accounting groups
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple competing activities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and SAP